Thursday, December 13, 2007

Egyptian Folk band

Let's try this again...


Blogger was giving me a very hard time with uploading this video, but here it is! (finally)

This is a traditional, Sa'idi, folk band. The music sounds great outdoors, but sometimes they will perform on the riverboats or in restaurants and there is NO way to turn it down.. it is loud!

I was busy trying to record the musicians and the stilt dancers, but didn't realize that Honor was also dancing with the music. I got her doing a few bobs and bounces.

5 comments:

? said...

Really interesting blog which needs an update. I admire you for this and I also see you love reading but have you ever read or seen the master and margarita? I would like to return here?

btw: see you soon

Gutsy Living said...

Thanks for sharing part of your local life with us.

Rachel said...

Hi aunt Connie,
It was a nice video you did . From the reed family we miss you !!

Nichole said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog yesterday and for leaving a comment while you were there :o)

Rachel said...

hi aunt connie thank you for liveing a comment on my blog . i miss you all. from RACHEL